Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Kentucky living

I've now lived in Kentucky more than half of my life. Since we moved here we've really been enjoying the Kentucky way of life. We take a lot of drives to see the beautiful horse farms and we've been to the horse races at Keeneland. That's me in the blurred picture below and the things in the background that look like greyhounds are actually horses. We've even been to the Keeneland auctions several times but I don't know why because we never come away with a horse. I thought that's why dad was building that big fence but apparently that's just for me and Richard.



So, we came to Kentucky 'cos my dad's gonna be a dentist one day. This was me at his boring white coat ceremony - I don't know why I had to wear a fancy blue coat. I am however a fan of my University of Kentucky basket ball outfit which is much more comfy.



Though I've never even been there I am actually an English baby which means I celebrate bonfire night (a.k.a. Guy Fawkes night). We celebrated it with a bonfire on Seth and Lisa's beautiful Kentucky farm. Here's our friend Seth with Guy just before Guy caught on fire. It was a freezing cold night - I had to get dressed up in so many clothes that I could barely move.



I've also toured two bourbon distilleries during my short time on this earth. I don't know what the big deal is and those tour guides go on and on forever. I got really cross at the last one and refused to listen to anymore so dad took me for a drink in the barrel house.



All this sight-seeing really wares a boy out.

No comments: